About The Hotel
The elegant Gran Bahia del Duque hotel in the Canary Islands is noted for its warm family atmosphere. It has direct access to the wide golden beach, amidst generous landscaped gardens which makes it a fantastic location to unwind.
The Duqui Club from 3 years onwards changes its program daily. With original activities such as star watching from the observatory, treasure hunts, and nature trails, which usually end at the children’s playground. Other features are magic shows with clowns and a mini-disco. Nearby are two water parks and even whale watching excursions. There is also a Teen Lounge and babysitting services available. The ever-attentive staff will help make even the youngest guests feel at home.
Enjoy eating at any of the nine restaurants in the resort. You will get the chance to taste authentic Canary Island cuisine at the Las Aguas but you can enjoy all the delicious worldwide favorites you would expect of five star dining. There are also seven bars serving light meals and casual snacks.
Rooms are luxurious and spacious with excellent facilities and a number of thoughtful touches such as a range of newspapers and a choice of pillows. Interconnecting rooms are available with stunning sea views and gardens. Families should opt for the aptly named ‘family suites’ which are about 100m2 with some offering Jacuzzi in the garden.
There are 8 swimming pools with 2 dedicated for children. Energetic guests can enjoy 2 tennis courts, 2 squash courts, the jogging circuit, beach volleyball, mountain biking, dance classes, aerobics, horse-riding, sailing and karting club. For quieter pursuits, there’s a bridge & billiards lounge, botanical promenade, archery, croquet, ping pong, petanque, gigantic chess, Tai-Chi, painting, shopping mall and handicrafts. Down on the beach there’s paragliding, jet ski and parascending. The hotel has a special arrangement with nearby championship golf courses.
A 3,500 square metre spa has opened over 3 levels, with thalassotherapy pools surrounded by exotic gardens. Relax in the sauna, aroma steam room and mud zones, then shower under palm trees. Cross a bridge to the treatment zone where the ESPA professionals offer a choice of therapies and tailored wellness progammes.
Cots available on request
Babysitting available, starting from €24 for up to 2 children, book 3 days in advance
Sorry no crèche, but little ones can use the kids club with a parent or babysitter
Kids Club for ages 3 -12, free of charge, open from 10 am - 6 pm
There are lots of steps but there is a useful sloping path for pushchairs
Airport is 36 km away
Essential supplies are sold 300 metres away. Hospital 2 km away
Two separate children's swimming pools
Hotel will assist with bottle sterilization. Kettle available in the room
Infant seats and boosters available for hotel transportation, on request
Sports activities at the hotel, plus watersports nearby
- AP 13 October 2014 "We had a lovely holiday and thought that the Hotel was wonderful & would be more than happy to give it a score of 5. Would definitely recommend it. "
16 December 2011
"A bit of feedback on why we just had such a lovely time again....
- the kids club is very good and appears to be very well run. The staff are very caring and they all speak good English. Gemma and Elena are just so good with the children and are really superb at their jobs. G and W wanted to spend more time there than with us and just seemed very happy in kids club. W can be very shy and at times not overly sociable so it shows how good it was if he was asking at breakfast every morning if it was time to go to kids club yet!! This meant we could spend the morning relaxing and just have adult time together which was great for us too.
- because I was so comfortable with the ladies from the kids club one of them babysat for us so we could go out for dinner. We would not normally do this on holiday as our children are quite young but this worked out really well and so we managed to eat in the very impressive Les Aguas restaurant. Food and service was very good.
- we had asked for an extra sofa bed in our room and this had been done so we had two sofa beds instead of one sofa bed and one made up bed. This meant in the day the sofa beds just tucked away so we had plenty of room in the lounge.
- we were picked up at 5.15pm on our last day and it was no problem to use the villa until then so we had a full day on our last day which was great.
- all the staff are very polite and helpful - nothing seems to much trouble
The only downside is that you have to fly with low cost airlines to Tenerife so we had long delays on the way there and the way back....we are looking at flying with Iberia / British Airways via Madrid for next year!!"
12 September 2010
"I went to this hotel in September with my husband and 2 children aged 10 months and 2 and half. This is an ideal hotel for families with young children. The kids pool is small but perfectly formed. It's great to be able to relax whilst watching the tots splash about in very shallow safe depth water. In fact our little one didn't want to go into the kids club (which looked amazing and has plenty to keep the little ones amused) because she was happy playing with all the other kids in the pool. The mini disco for kids in the evening was great - just 30 mins of bopping around to very cheesy music following by some entertainment which was actually pretty good. It's right in front of the French restaurant so we were able to enjoy our meal whilst our daughter flitted between us and the disco/entertainment. There are baby purees available fresh if you need them, good room service options for young children and plenty of restaurants at the hotel plus a pharmacy within walking distance.
It is expensive to eat in the hotel but there are good value restaurants within walking distance of the hotel so you don't need to spend a fortune. The beach is nothing to write home about and is public so expensive sunbeds but you don't need the beach because there are lots of swimming pools and loads of sunbeds at the hotel.
I recommend taking a suite because the standard doubles are small and way too small to have a child in with you. We had a suite with separate lounge area and sofa bed and this was brilliant with 2 children. All in all a very good family option with a short haul flight. And if your budget will manage it, the new villas look amazing!!"
- DC 07 August 2010 "We had a lovely relaxing time. The service and hotel was impeccable. The Kids Club was the best we have seen. It’s the first time that I am actually considering returning to a hotel in the future."
30 July 2010
"We had lovely time and enjoyed the hotel very much. We now wish we had taken your advice on the ground floor bedrooms you recommended, ours was fine but these looked in a much better location close to the pool and bars with a short walk off the balcony to do so.
Staff all very friendly, room and facilities all clean. I did the hotel survey, they emailed me saying all positives.
We would go there again and definitely book through you.
I would like to find out about half board to include the other restaurants, if possible. Tusca and the Asia, we tried and were good, Asia exceptional. The fish restaurant for lunch amazing.
Kids club fantastic, people lovely and the activities and things they made for kids superb.
We thought to ourselves the gate was not secure enough with little top lock and older brother and sisters were coming in to collect younger kids at different times agreed by the staff and parents. They seemed to have good control telling them to get the mums and dads to confirm this to be ok.
In our last three days they were fitting a buzzer/ key swipe system which will be much better.
Kids entertainment fantastic.
We loved the fact the Upper levels were the kids area's and when on the lower levels you were not aware of any children, so great mix. We would not have a problem going there without kids for this reason.
We found drinks and bits during the day expensive but euro exchange rate was rubbish so did not help. I would not fly easyjet again with my family as it's too much of a scramble to find seats together.
Overall a good 9 out of 10."
- GH 03 January 2010 "We had a lovely holiday despite being delayed 24hours on the way back because of snow in Luton! The hotel was lovely - the staff were great - very helpful and kind to the kids, they had taken into account all of our requests including the cot side for the bed. The facilities were very good, the kids club had an amazing lady who played with them. The food was ok - not brilliant but fine. We ate in the buffet restaurant every evening. Thank you very much for all your help and organisation."
- 01 January 1970
Ask & Book
Tell us what you're looking for and we'll reply with ideas and suggestions.
We protect your private data.
Complimentary Upgrade to Half Board from Bed & Breakfast
Valid during: 13 April 2018 - 30 April 2018
Room type: All Room Types
Book by: 30 April 2018
Combinable with: with the second room with the 30% discount
Complimentary Upgrade to Half Board from Bed & Breakfast
Room type: Palmera and Retama Villa
Book by: 30 April 2018