Date, Coconut & Cacao Bars
Posted on 23rd Apr 2018
It’s always helpful to have an arsenal of recipes up your sleeve and since reaching the final three on BBC’s MasterChef in 2015, ands Too Managing Director Emma Spitzer recipes have become our go-to. These brownie”esque” bars are a great way to please everyone, super easy to make and a fantastic replacement for a sweet treat!
- 370 grams dates, pitted
- 100 grams cacao powder
- 70 (plus an extra tablespoon) Grams desiccated coconut
- 25 grams sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- Line a 20x20cm tin with baking paper
- Put the dates, cacao, coconut,sunflower seeds and date syrup into a blender and whizz until smooth, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Tip the mixture into the lined tin and press down firmly (clean hands best for this)
- Sprinkle over the extra tablespoon of coconut, cover with cling film and chill for 10 minutes in the fridge
- Cut into squares and enjoy. (Best stored in fridge)