About The Hotel
Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas is set in one of Crete’s most beautiful and exclusive locations. The resort sits on the waterfront, in its own private bay with white sand beaches and a crystal clear sea. Ten minutes from Aghios Nikolaos and twenty minutes from Elounda, Daios Cove is the perfect place for a relaxing break.
Daios Cove offer complimentary creche and kids clubs run by Worldwide Kids Co and Teens’ organised activities. They offer a range of fantastic age appropriate activities for children to take part in and a constant supply of new games and toys. Multi-lingual nannies oversee pirate treasure hunts, dino adventures and space exploration. After catching a T-Rex and blasting into outer space, the kids will probably need a rest and there is an outdoor shaded area in the mini club. Late kids club opening times allow parents to enjoy a quiet adults-only dinner, while kids enjoy a supervised early dinner (see below)
The Cove plays host to some exciting dining options including The Ocean Bar which allows you to enjoy food and drinks without even leaving the pool. There are bars with live music for the evenings and restaurants for the whole family. The Pangea offers buffet style dining, serving dishes and platters from the world over, or visit the relaxed Taverna. You can enjoy local Cretan and Greek cuisine, fish and seafood whilst overlooking the cove it came from. The Ocean Club offers creative modern Italian and Mediterranean cuisine.
Children and teens can enjoy an early supervised dinner betwen 6-7pm, allowing them to eat at a time to suit them, and allowing parents to have a quiet dinner a little later, when the kids club is open again in the evening (7-9.30pm).
The quality of the hotel can be seen in its rooms a great range of amenities. There are extra touches to make a guests stay feel extra special such as a pillow menu, sky television, 24 hour room service, free WiFi and iPod stations in each room. There is a wide range of accommodation that will certainly cater for your family. The two and three bedrooms come with private pools which can be fenced on request. They can also include stair gates, baby monitors, bottle warmers and a dedicated concierge service to villa guests. The privacy and space the villas afford are a perfect option for larger families.
Staff are proud of the truly five star facilities available at Daios Cove. There is a luxurious seawater infinity pool in the resort and an adjoining private beach for guests of the resort.
Nearby, there is a scuba diving centre, with snorkelling and sailing on offer.
Back at resort you can have a relaxed game of tennis or sit in one of the three bars enjoying free access to computers with fast internet connection and free WiFi throughout the resort. There are also funiculars for easy access to hotel areas.
There is a generously sized GOCO spa, with two indoor pools, and fully equipped fitness centre at guests’ disposal.
Read more in our blog about Daios Cove >
Cots available on request
€10 per hour for one child, €14 per hour for 2 children and €15 per hour for 3 children
There is a creche is managed by childcare experts Worldwide Kids Co : €30 per session aged 4 months to 2 years, €22 for children aged 2-3. Opening hours: 10.00 – 13.00 / 15.00 – 18.00
The Kids club is managed by childcare experts Worldwide Kids Co and is open for children aged 4-11, and is open throughout the day except on Sunday in Apr-Jun & Sep-Oct, and open 7 days a week in Jul-Aug. Opening hours: 10.00 – 13.00 and 15.00 – 18.00 and 19.00 - 21.30. Pre-booking is strongly advised
One hour transfer from Heraklion
There is a doctor on call 24 hours a day
There is a separate kids pool
Bottle warmers and sterilisers available
50 minutes from Airport, car seats available
Teens Club for 12 - 17 years old, opening hours: Opening hours: 10.00 – 13.00 and 15.00 – 18.00 and 19.00 - 21.30. Pre-booking is strongly advised
- S.A 07 June 2018 We had the most wonderful repeat visit to Daios Cove in half term. All the staff were so helpful and cheerful and they seemed genuinely concerned that we were being well looked after and having a lovely time. Incredibly polite and smiley. Our son has a severe peanut allergy which was accommodated brilliantly which made meal times much less stressful for us all. The villa we stayed in was spacious and comfortable with great views of the cove and out to sea, children were delighted to have their own bathroom and to be able to watch tv in bed! The outside shower was a hit too! We had opted for the residents club package which meant we had complimentary room service for breakfast most mornings on our patio which was the ultimate luxury and something my husband and I were looking forward to so much after enjoying it immensely the previous year. The food in general is excellent and very generous portions and we loved the new beach restaurant this year, Such a great location and relaxed and cool atmosphere. The children loved the beanbags to sit on and do colouring or play whilst we waited for food, and the cat that seemed to visit! The beach was our preferred daily hangout - the children just loved collecting shells and digging holes and it’s generally less busy and there is more of a breeze than by the pool. It was much more windy this year than last but not much that could be done about that and it didn’t interrupt our enjoyment. The waiter service on the beach was great and you can’t beat someone bringing you a glass of champagne to your sun lounger whilst sitting in the sunshine watching your children play. It’s a very family focused resort, mostly families with younger children and it’s lovely going out for supper in the evenings and seeing all the families out together and it’s not in anyway ‘stuffy’. I had two massages this year in the spa which were included in the package we had bought and they were amazing and would highly recommend. Our transfers to and from the airport were seamless, we were shuttled about in very smart vehicles and it is so nice not having to worry about that part of the journey. Overall Daios Cove is a very slick machine. We have had two wonderful trips there and look forward to many more!
10 September 2013
"We had a wonderful time at Daios Cove thank you!
We loved the hotel and the location was just beautiful with stunning views of the cove from every room in the villa. The staff were fantastic, can’t fault them, and they really took care of H and anything we needed. Maria the Villa manager was very attentive and we saw her around the hotel every day. The villa was lovely, private pool fantastic and the additional facilities for H’s room (loo seat, bed rails, baby monitors etc) were all ready when we arrived.
The food was of a very high standard, breakfast excellent and lunch menus were good too. We had dinner in all three restaurants, all were very good. We particularly enjoyed the Greek night at the Taverna. The Spa was great as were the treatments. The beach was fab (bit windy some times) and so were the hotel pool and sundecks. All in all we would recommend Daios Cove to anyone who wants a luxury family holiday in a gorgeous location. We would score it 4/5.
There are only a couple of negatives I would like to feedback.
There is no playground at Daios which was advertised as a facility on the website. We were told that they had started to build it but then abandoned the project when they realised it was too hot at the location (right at the top of the hill). Also the Kids Club is woefully underfunded and rivals with the Scott Dunn club next door. We didn’t use the club during the day (just attended the kids disco and pyjama party) so not really an issue for us but could be for other families. There wasn’t anywhere to take the children to play in the evening so they did tend to run riot a bit around the buffet restaurant.
The villa had no full length mirrors anywhere! I also spoke with other guests in different rooms & villas who didn’t have one either. The bath in the family villa we had was lovely to look at but completely impractical for bathing H as it had narrow steps up and down into it and was so huge (big round sunken tub) that I had to climb in with her to bathe her as I couldn’t reach in! Again not really a problem for us really but it would have been if she was any younger. Finally the stairs were not very child friendly as the handrail ended about 5 steps before the bottom.
M still rates the Borgo as his favourite so far, I think Daios is level with them and better in places. Thanks again Atarra for a fabulous trip, we can’t wait for the next one! Please feel free to post these comments on your site."
07 August 2013
"We had a great time at the Daios Cove. It's a beautiful hotel and we got upgraded to a one bed villa which was just great. The decor and everything about the design is gorgeous.
H loved the kids club and wanted me to tell you that it was much better than the Elounda for 2 reasons: there was a full schedule of activities ( from baking to arts and crafts, sports and going for icecreams or 'cocktails' whereas the Elounda was really just the water slides and secondly the staff really understood children which was true - they were great.
We were very happy with the restaurants... As we would expect and room service was excellent.
Actually the service was really good all round. that might be because the villas had their own guest relations people who were frankly incredible.
A great holiday, even if it was very windy at timesThanks for arranging it all.<span style="font-size: 1rem; line-height: 1.714285714;">P.S. thanks for my massage. Interestingly although the treatment was excellent the spa was the only part of the hotel that didn't surpass the Elounda."</span>
Anon by request
13 May 2013
"We've just come back from a lovely (and surprisingly relaxing) week with our two young children (4 years and 1 1/2 years) in a family villa at Daois Cove. The rooms were comfortable, clean and well equipped and the resort beautiful and quiet. The pool protectors, highchair, stroller etc. made life simple with our young children in a more than comfortable family villa and touches such as champagne and fruit on arrival were a definite bonus!
We particularly enjoyed beautiful breakfasts overlooking the infinity pool at the Ocean restaurant, where the staff were lovely with our children. The Spa offers very relaxing treatments and the beach is quiet, beautiful and complete with little fishes that nibble your toes in the crystal clear waters. It is wonderful to find such a picturesque setting where families are welcome.
The transfers were perfect - straightforward, with very comfortable transport and appropriate and clean childseats. Tots Too made everything as easy as possible in terms of preparation, particularly appreciated were the well positioned seats on the plane and the fact that we were checked in by you in advance.
For us this was a one location break - we didn't explore Crete as our children are too young to enjoy that yet and I had a bad back, but we enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing time nonetheless.
A couple of things that could have made the stay even easier:
- We needed milk daily for our children. When we asked about this room service brought a carton each day and left it in the minibar which worked really well; if this came as standard for the family rooms it would help those with little ones as there is nowhere obvious near the resort to buy milk.
- The bottom steps in the room below the stairgate are exposed on one side for 3 or 4 steps and have hard wood edges - we had one near miss when our youngest fell near them. For very little ones it might be appropriate to have something to cover the edges.
- The resort is quite large and has steep slopes in places, so our original villa (which was as far as possible from the main buildings) was a problem for me as I had trapped my sciatic nerve just before leaving the UK.
Obviously this was a one off and actually they were able to move us closer, but it may be worth pointing out to customers that they may want to request a closer villa/room if mobility is an issue. I suspect if we had asked they would have collected us in the golf buggies the staff use to get around but we don't like to keep asking!
- Some more info. re. navigating around the resort would be good as it is quite large and we'd love to know more about which are family villas, which are 3 bed etc in case we go back in the future. We found our feet but got a bit lost at the start.
- We did have a couple of minor maintenance issues (screw missing from the cotbed and then the door jammed) but both were resolved quickly and without fuss.
One of the managers did mention the difficulties the resort has had (starting as child free and then having to change direction to accommodate families as it wasn't working out). As a result they are possibly alienating some of the couples expecting a quiet break without children but from our perspective this was a lovely place to visit with our family. Thanks very much and we will be using Tots Too again."
24 June 2012
"Writing on iPhone so not so easy. Thanks for arranging hols.
Was a nice place. Service was great but food could have been better. They need like a BBQ grill restaurant for fish etc. I'm not a big buffet fan and the other two restos were fine but needed a better menu. Lunch choice is not great and need more choice. Like mezzes and pita and more Greek options.
F was sick for the first week and doc came twice but hotel was great sorting for us. Staff attentive and helpful
The crèche and baby sitting was a life saviour. Amazing service that but tracked up around 400 to 500 euros. Well worthwhile.
All in all good place. Total spend around 5k which is a lot I think but we were upgraded which was nice.
All in all good hols and the hotel was not too kid centric so was a nice balance. If we had not been so close to the beach the stairs and the walking would have been a problem but thankfully the upgrade solved that problem.
I'd always recommend u guys to friends going fwd"
05 April 2012
"We had a wonderful time at Daios Cove, the resort is stunning and well-located, and the service was impeccable – the staff manage to strike just the right balance of professionalism and friendliness. The staff at the Kids Club were very welcoming to our little girl who thoroughly enjoyed herself. It was also a pleasant surprise that the same childcare staff member looking after Chloe in the crèche was assigned to us as babysitter, so we were reassured that Chloe would be welcomed by a friendly face if she woke up.
This is our first experience of Tots Too and we will definitely be using you again and recommending you to our friends. "
Ask & Book
Tell us what you're looking for and we'll reply with ideas and suggestions.
We value your privacy and will protect your personal data.
Early Booking Offer
Enjoy a 30% Early Booking Discount on your stay.
Valid during: 05 April 2019 - 03 November 2019
Room type: All Rooms
Book by: 31 December 2018